Readers Classic Motorcycles - Chat Photos Builds/Resto’s etc

Very cool bike, you'll have a lot of fun on that.

I would very much second the advice to get some training though. It wouldn't hurt to just do your CBT even though you don't actually need to I don't know how much it is these days (it was about £100 when I did it about 12 years ago) but it's a small price to pay to pick up some valuable experience on UK roads and defensive riding tips.

After riding big bikes for several years I chose to ride a Honda C90 as daily transport for a couple years in all weathers and I stayed incident free mostly down to the defensive riding skills I accrued over the years through experience on bigger machines, doing my full licence and a bikesafe course.
Thanks mate

I used to do pizza delivery on a Cub 90 back in the 90ies from 92-98 and had plenty fun as well caning that!!

But that was long ago and my motorcycling is going to be rusty on British roads

Had great fun in Pak though - the bikes are either 70cc or 125 and both kind of similar to each other.

Honda Cubs are amazing things, mega fun, I do miss it. To be honest I think all the same can be said for most small engined machines, better riding a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

It wasn't Seven Seas Motorcycles you bought that Suzuki from by any chance?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The first motorcycle in our family was a 1938 Harley that was my brothers. He also had a 1934 Ford roadster. This was in the 1950s. Then in 1964 I briefly had a Zundapp, I think it was a very old 200 cc two stroke? Then I had a CZ, then a 66 Bonniville, then a 1967 tr6c, then a Kawasaki two stroke then a 1957 tr6c. I wish I still had the Zundapp and the CZ. They were slow but reliable. I still have the 1967 tr6c I bought new and the 1957 tr6c.View attachment 587269View attachment 587270
Me riding the above 67 this past august. It wasn’t restored, just cleaned, fresh paint, tires and mechanicals. IMG_3623.jpeg

Long ago and far away I posted a photo of my Harley project but never posted a photo of the completed bike, so this is it...

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jmtK6E]20190105_094249 by nemosengineer, on Flickr[/URL]

And this is its new swingarm to be installed over Christmas holidays...

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ovbChF]Untitled by nemosengineer, on Flickr[/URL]

: Mike
Wonderful !

And you’ve some lovely photos of it and bikes on your Flickr !!
Is the Harley project here on RB?

Back