The unofficial Bigfoot/Ozone/Smokestone thread

Re:

Nice thread revival and loving the accents of purple you've got going on there ^^ .... I like 3DV violet

and this is what happens when you ride- poor old Shaun you can just about make out his eyes

Attachments

• ozone pair 3.jpg
    ozone pair 3.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 107
  • ozone pair 4.jpg
    ozone pair 4.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 106
  • ozone pair.jpg
    ozone pair.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 104
  • ozone 6.jpg
    ozone 6.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 107
Re:

Hey, thanks for the pictures. I must say that while I love the look, those RC35s have got more flex than bounce!

I know there are a few Ozone fans on here - for me they are perfect Retrobiker esoterica!

Fallen down a wormhole.....
So as I understand it, initially these frames were sold as Bigfoot, the. Muddyfox kicked off about the name hence the change to Ozone. The 2 Bigfoot that peanutcracknell sold 3 years ago are numbered 31198 and 31295, both numerically after my frame (31193).
Mine looks very similar to those 2, I read some where that ozone had crud catcher mounts? Mine doesn't. Could it be mine was made in big foot times but not sold till Ozone?
Just curious

Being a Gloucester man I remember the Bigfoot/Ozone frames around at the time. I never frequented Graham's shop, was more of a Dave Swan hanger-on BITD (when I should have been at 6th form!).

I think I would like one in my collection - I was pondering this only a few weeks back. Glad this thread has resurfaced. 👍

Fallen down a wormhole.....
So as I understand it, initially these frames were sold as Bigfoot, the. Muddyfox kicked off about the name hence the change to Ozone. The 2 Bigfoot that peanutcracknell sold 3 years ago are numbered 31198 and 31295, both numerically after my frame (31193).
Mine looks very similar to those 2, I read some where that ozone had crud catcher mounts? Mine doesn't. Could it be mine was made in big foot times but not sold till Ozone?
Just curious
I never frequented Graham's shop, was more of a Dave Swan hanger-on BITD (when I should have been at 6th form!).

I think I would like one in my collection - I was pondering this only a few weeks back. Glad this thread has resurfaced. 👍

Dave Swan 😳 now that’s a name I haven’t heard in 20 years or more, his shop was just inside Barton Street. He used to build my snowflake wheels

Footies place was on Spa lights which is now a taxi office

Ref Ozone’s having Crud catchers - mine doesn’t

Maybe it was the later smokestones?
No matter.
I went after it for it's British funkness, looking forward to getting to ride it and seeing how it compares with the Funk. Should really throw a tape measure over the pair of them for a comparison.

Back story time. Back when I still lived in South Norfolk my route home took me through a village. There was an old garage, the local mechanic type place off of the 60s. The guy there had been frequenting the police auctions for years and had filled the place with bike of all types, shape and size. He'd tidy them up and have a selection outside for sale. I'd stop by every now and again and after building a rapport was allowed back into the far reaches of the antique workshop to see the more "interesting" stuff. Remember he had a Raleigh USA bike (black/red/silver) "but that's not for sale"....... What is for sale then? Out back were some frames and part bikes, there was this silver Ali e-stay frame with some bits on it. Some one already had dibs on it though, damnit! Turns out I knew that someone, who after keeping said frame, this 1, in his loft for a year or so, relented and sold it to me. It made it as far as an ISO container before I moved to Spain in 2014 where it stayed till October last year when it too moved to Spain.
And without trying I have 4 bikes with 1 1/4" headsets, but not quite enough headsets/forks/stems to go round.

Great thread - have been re reading all this too as quite attracted by the one currently highlighted in the aiction watch area…frame only - but have some Pace forks which I think can be adapted to fit … would be interesting to read the MBi feature that built a british / europe build around one of these

Ref polishing the frame mentioned above - if you do you’ll need replacement decals and I’m sure Gil has these on file as I previously traced mine for another member on here who was getting them reproduced

Back