The unofficial Bigfoot/Ozone/Smokestone thread

Rare = expensive usually. I don't want to blow the budget with this bike as I want to use it as much as possible. Probably family trail forest of dean type stuff but if it's totally tricked out I'll be scared to use it 😄

Just wondering if there is any mileage in getting a new dropout fabricated (I have no idea who would be able to do this mind you) which would have the correct bolt holes for fixing a disc brake. It looks like there would be room and the frame itself wouldn't need to be modified. What do you think? Know anyone who would attempt it?

Attachments

• PXL_20240123_132613908.jpg
    PXL_20240123_132613908.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20240123_132543273.jpg
    PXL_20240123_132543273.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 9
1000008852.jpg 1000008853.jpg
Made some big progress today on 065. Managed to fit new seals and oil to the bombers, new stem and started putting in the gear wiring but I ran out of outers for the rear. Changed the saddle as well, trying to keep it UK where I can plus truth be told I find flite saddles really uncomfortable, love the comfort of X-Lite saddles. All my bikes have them 😄. It's going in to Graham Foot's shop on Saturday to get the hoses done on the brakes (I can't do brake hydraulics). Plus new smokes on the way as these tyres don't suit.

Will it be in time for a British framed BOTM entry?

Mine is miles off, don't even have space to build it right now neither...
Hi, first I've heard of the "British Framed BOTM", I'll check it out although this is nowhere near being spotless. I'm building this to ride, not to be a garage queen. I'd love to know your plans for your build. 👍

Back