wheel issues on the merlin - help please

i think you'll need someone with an XLM to comment. noticed that my shift cables run down the down tube and below the BB shell, and the rear mech cable below the chainstay. yours lacking that, i'm guessing runs along the top tube, and along the seat stay.

wonder when they went away with the "Vandermark" design, as 1998 is around the time he left Merlin when it was bought out.

I'm thinking, as someone commented earlier on, the wheel is perhaps out of dish. Which could mean that it runs true but is slightly to the side causing the alignment issue. I suppose getting a wheel that is confirmed to be properly dished may help. For infos sake, I have a 1999 Fat-Ti with 2.1 IRC Mythos and they run just fine and I have never had a rubbing issue. Good luck.

cornholio's RC200":1uljf63r said:
RockiMtn":1uljf63r said:
suburbanreuben":1uljf63r said:
Rocky Mtn's stays look pukka…

PUKKA??? is that bad??? :LOL: I have no idea what that means. :p

Pukka is english slang for 'authentic' or 'first rate' so don't worry about that. You only need to worry if Jamie Oliver (annoying celebrity chef) says it and then you'll probably want to kick your TV in :shock: :LOL:

Interestingly it also describes a certain kind of weed that's interesting to smoke :shock: :cool:

Pukka, while being english slang, sounds very finnish, as we have many words with two "k's", like Jukka (a name), kukka (flower), tukka (hair), and so on... Pukka doesn't mean anything in finnish though, at least that I know of... ;)

It's an Indian word that like much of our language, has been borrowed by the colonists, and merged into general use.

First guess would be wheel dish, most likely, make sure you 100% on this one first, ie with wheel clamped.

Stays look fine with bends, its meant to have bendy stays.

oh, and Pukka are pies too :D mmmm

Back