Building the bike nobody wanted. 1991 RidgeRunner.

Although thinking about it, ive never seen a screw in u brake boss, most are one bit with the frame fixture.

I assume if they do screw in they must have a wide base with a fair sized hex or flat to screw them in with...

If you cant get the size from someone, i will bite the bullet and take one of mine off and measure it.

There should be a part number with info somewhere, this shouldn't this much of a mystery should it.
About the M9, I was answering @Elev12k atleast I think that's what he asked.

Got these from a bike a bought, the M900 brifters.

Got to clean them today and they are knackered, they are "free" as the bike parts sold for what I payed for the bike.
Someone told me the shifter part was really not very good of these, and I do have a pair of XT 739 shifters in good condition.
Find replacement parts or just chop them into brakes only and sell the shifter hub for parts.
The rest of the bike is M900.

Attachments

• brifter 2.jpg
    brifter 2.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 11
  • brifter 1.jpg
    brifter 1.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 11
  • brifter 3.jpg
    brifter 3.jpg
    975.4 KB · Views: 11
Its not the thread its the boss size. Also there is no step in a u brake boss....see above picture of my white frame compared to the red above....

If your guy with a u brake rear can measure length and width, you know what to get.

The picture from thursday has the bosses for the alloy frame, and indeed it has nostep.
The bolts I got with the NOS set are the same for canti/V brake, 5.5MM so it's something that has no step is x=high and has 5.5MM threading.
Might call Miyata wth I need to get.

So for a steerer, are the RST steel ones any good.
Or should I go for a Ti one.

One is 20,- inc postage and the other is 57,- inc postage.
Leaning towards the Ti one eventhough it's a tad more expensive, the fork was already expensive so..?
Edit; The bike will not leave my hands, ever. So maybe just go all in.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back